Sets a string variablechar *sm_soption(int option, char *newval);
- Specifies the variable to set with one of these constants:
- Editor to use in JPL windows. Equivalent to SMEDITOR.
- The operating system command that is invoked through the local print key (LP). Equivalent to SMLPRINT. Set this option only for character-mode applications.
- Search path for libraries. Equivalent to SMPATH.
- An LDB library to open. Equivalent to SMLDBLIBNAME. Set this option in
jxmain.cbefore the call to
- An LDB screen to open. Equivalent to SMLDBNAME.
- Specifies the middleware configuration file for a running application, required to enable a native client connection. Equivalent to SMRBCONFIG. Set
newvalto the full pathname of the middleware configuration file—for example,
- Provides the middleware API with the network addresses of the machines to which a workstation client can connect. Equivalent to SMRBHOST.
- Provides the middleware API with the port numbers associated with the machines (SMRBHOST) to which a workstation client can connect. Equivalent to SMRBPORT.
- The new value to assign to the
sm_soptionlets you change at runtime various application-level variables that are typically defined in the application's environment, its initialization file, or setup files.
default_lp = sm_soption(SO_LPRINT, "lp -dny %s");