Invokes the report generator and runs the specified report
reportname] [ (
arg[, ... ] )] [
- Specifies the name of a report file. Panther looks for the file in the application's memory-resident list, then in all open libraries. For remote report processing, the report file must be in a server or common library.
- The name of a report definition in filename to invoke. If
reportnameis omitted, Panther uses the first report definition in the report file.
- You can supply one or more arguments to the report. Each argument must be a valid JPL expression–either a string within quotation marks, a number, or the name of a Panther variable to evaluate when the report is run. In order to process these arguments, the following conditions must be true:
- Each argument has a corresponding parameter that is declared in the report node's Parameters property (refer to "Report Parameters" in Reports).
- You can specify invocation options. For a description of invocation options, refer to "Setting Invocation Options" in Reports.
runreportcommand invokes Panther's report generation facility to execute the specified report.
The following JPL procedure runs the
custinfo.rptreport for the value in the
cust_numvariable and writes the report to the file
runreport custinfo.rpt (cust_num) output=custinfo.txt